About our region
The PACA region is made of three territories: Provence, Alpes & Côte d'Azur and has a population of 4.9 millions. Economically, it is the third-leading region in France.
Apart from being one of the worldwide touristic destinations, PACA is attractive for its outstanding intellectual & technological resources in various industries. Its economic development drivers are: innovation research & education, public & private partnerships, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- 4 main cities: Marseille, Nice, Aix en Provence and Toulon
- 6 departments: TVT Innovation is located in Toulon which is in the Var department. For more information about the attractiveness of the Var, you can consult Var-invest or Download the brochure
- A sophisticated communications network: 3 international airports, trade ports, marinas
- Exceptional lifestyle & mediterranean climate
- Cultural & artistic dynamism
- Telecommunications, Micro-electronics, Life Sciences, Space & Aeronautics, Maritime technologies, Multimedia, Green Tech, Food Processing, Chemicals and Logistics.
9 World-class Competiveness Clusters & other Local Clusters (PRIDES)
- CapEnergies - Energies of the Future
- Eurobiomed - Health & Life Sciences
- Fruits & Vegetables - Food industry
- Maritime cluster PACA - Sustainable Development, Maritime Security and Safety
- Optitec - Optics, Photonics and Imaging Systems
- Pass - Cosmetics & Aromas
- Pégase - Aeronautics
- Risk - Risk Management & Regional Vulnerability
- SCS - Secure Communication Solutions